Discover the highly-anticipated Barbie Movie Release Date and get ready for a magical cinematic experience like never before! Unveil the date of Barbie’s big-screen debut, filled with adventure, charm, and wonder. Don’t miss this enchanting event – stay tuned for all the exciting details!
After numerous direct-to-video animated movies, the recognizable plastic doll from Mattel is making her big-screen debut in a live-action film. Amy Schumer and Anne Hathaway were previously considered for several variations of the titular role in Hollywood’s long-awaited adaptation of the well-known toy. Margot Robbie (“Babylon”), a two-time Oscar contender, who has hinted at a more subversive spin on the pink-clad heroine, is the project’s final star. We now have a clearer understanding of the plot thanks to a new trailer that debuted on May 25 and featured Barbie contemplating her existence and exploring the human world.
Barbie Movie 2023 Release Date
The movie “Barbie” will open in theaters on July 21, 2023. The film debuts on the same day as Christopher Nolan’s similarly star-studded true-life thriller “Oppenheimer,” which chronicles the development of the atomic bomb. The highly anticipated films have been pitted against one another in a fun box office rivalry as a result of their shared release date, which has inspired a number of memes on social media.
Barbie Movie 2023 Cast
The star-studded cast of the Barbie movie includes Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling as Barbie and Ken. Other Barbies are portrayed by Kate McKinnon, Issa Rae, Nicola Coughlan, Hari Nef, and many more, while different Kens include Simu Liu and Kingsley Ben-Adir. Michael Cera and Dua Lipa play the now-discontinued dolls Midge and Allan, respectively, and Emerald Fennell plays a Barbie who looks like a mermaid. Will Ferrell and America Ferrera complete the cast by providing human characters?
Gal Gadot was considered for a Barbie, but the “Wonder Woman” star couldn’t commit, according to Robbie’s new Vogue cover story. Gal Gadot is like Barbie energy, remarked Robbie. “Because even though Gal Gadot is incredibly attractive, you can’t help but love her for it because she’s so honestly sincere and generous that it’s almost silly. Like just before becoming a nerd.
Barbie Movie Trailer
Giant blowout party ✅ Planned choreography ✅ New #BarbieTheMovie Trailer ✅ Only in Theaters July 21. To live in Barbie Land is to be a perfect being in a perfect place. Unless you have a full-on existential crisis. Or you’re a Ken.
Pre-order/save Barbie The Album: https://barbiethealbum.lnk.to/BTA
From Oscar-nominated writer/director Greta Gerwig (“Little Women,” “Lady Bird”) comes “Barbie,” starring Oscar-nominees Margot Robbie (“Bombshell,” “I, Tonya”) and Ryan Gosling (“La La Land,” “Half Nelson”) as Barbie and Ken, alongside America Ferrera (“End of Watch,” the “How to Train Your Dragon” films), Kate McKinnon (“Bombshell,” “Yesterday”), Issa Rae (“The Photograph,” “Insecure”), Rhea Perlman (“I’ll See You in My Dreams,” “Matilda”), and Will Ferrell (the “Anchorman” films, “Talladega Nights”).
The film also stars Michael Cera (“Scott Pilgrim vs. the World,” “Juno”), Ariana Greenblatt (“Avengers: Infinity War,” “65”), Ana Cruz Kayne (“Little Women”), Emma Mackey (“Emily,” “Sex Education”), Hari Nef (“Assassination Nation,” “Transparent”), Alexandra Shipp (the “X-Men” films), Kingsley Ben-Adir (“One Night in Miami,” “Peaky Blinders”), Simu Liu (“Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings”), Ncuti Gatwa (“Sex Education”), Scott Evans (“Grace and Frankie”), Jamie Demetriou (“Cruella”), Connor Swindells (“Sex Education,” “Emma.”), Sharon Rooney (“Dumbo,” “Jerk”), Nicola Coughlan (“Bridgerton,” “Derry Girls”), Ritu Arya (“The Umbrella Academy”), Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter Dua Lipa and Oscar-winner Helen Mirren (“The Queen”).
Gerwig directed “Barbie” from a screenplay by Gerwig & Oscar nominee Noah Baumbach (“Marriage Story,” “The Squid and the Whale”), based on Barbie by Mattel. The film’s producers are Oscar nominee David Heyman (“Marriage Story,” “Gravity”), Robbie, Tom Ackerley and Robbie Brenner, with Gerwig, Baumbach, Ynon Kreiz, Richard Dickson, Michael Sharp, Josey McNamara, Courtenay Valenti, Toby Emmerich and Cate Adams serving as executive producers.
Gerwig’s creative team behind the camera included Oscar-nominated director of photography Rodrigo Prieto (“The Irishman,” “Silence,” “Brokeback Mountain”), six-time Oscar-nominated production designer Sarah Greenwood (“Beauty and the Beast,” “Anna Karenina”), editor Nick Houy (“Little Women,” “Lady Bird”), Oscar-winning costume designer Jacqueline Durran (“Little Women,” “Anna Karenina”), visual effects supervisor Glen Pratt (“Paddington 2,” “Beauty and the Beast”) and music supervisor George Drakoulias (“White Noise,” “Marriage Story”), with music by Oscar winners Mark Ronson and Andrew Wyatt (“A Star Is Born”).
Warner Bros. Pictures Presents a Heyday Films Production, a LuckyChap Entertainment Production, a NB/GG Pictures Production, a Mattel Production, “Barbie.” The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures and released in theaters only nationwide on July 21, 2023 and beginning internationally on July 19, 2023.Warner Bros. Pictures
2023 Barbie Movie Plot
The plot of the movie is being kept securely under wraps. Helen Mirren narrated the first teaser trailer, which was an homage to “2001: A Space Odyssey,” and it gave viewers a brief look at a glittering dance scene. In the most recent trailer, Barbie and Ken explore the outside world after leaving Barbie Land. But “it’s not that, whatever you believe it is. In a People interview, Ferrera teased, “It’s something else.”
It was described as the “ultimate example of high art and low art” by actor Will Ferrell, who plays the CEO of Mattel, in an interview with the Wall Street Journal Magazine last year.
As Ferrell put it, “It’s a loving homage to the brand and, at the same time, couldn’t be more satirical – just an amazing comment on male patriarchy and women in society and why Barbie’s criticized but why every little girl still wants to play with Barbie.” Boy, I thought that was wonderful when I read it.
Here is some more information on Barbie you may be interested in.
Barbie Music Introduced
US Release Date: July 20, 2023 Starring: Ryan Gosling, Scott Evans, Simu Liu, Margot Robbie Director: Greta Gerwig Synopsis: Barbie and Ken are having the time of their lives in the colorful and seemingly perfect world of Barbie Land. However, when they get a chance to go to the real world, they soon discover the joys and perils of living among humans.
Rotten Tomatoes COMING SOON takes you deeper into the best upcoming movies through clips, behind the scenes videos, and exclusive content.Rotten Tomatoes
I am feelin’ for Ken.
New Barbie Movie Reviews
8.5/10 While i’m not so sure at first, the movie kept getting even more fun, entertaining, and definitely better, also surprisingly deal with a legit serious stuff, Barbie is a weirdly fun movie that fills with this very interesting concept, definitely the first time that’s ever done, Greta Gerwig has created this whole new style of filmmaking specifically for Barbie, from the intentionally weird yet creative editing, some awkward and cringe scene, i found the comedy so funny instead of cringe, Barbie is one of the most original movie of the year and also one of the most original movie i’ve seen in a while, we all know Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling is gonna carry the movie and they are, but Will Ferrell, Simu Liu, and the whole rest of the cast were also great and entertaining, the soundtrack was just great, except Nicki Minaj and Ice Spice “Barbie World” song that are just absolutely terrible, but Billie Eilish “What Was I Made For?” tune that kept haunting in the background until it finally get the perfect scene to played it was really the best thing because that song was just beautiful and emotional, anyway, Barbie is a lot of fun, while there is still some noticeable flawed, most of them i found it funny, entertaining, colourful, creative, and fun, pure fun, it’s something that i probably will love it even more the second time i see it, but as of right now, Barbie was a good time, definitely recommended and with this movie somehow it’s actually possible to have a live-action Barbie movie, all you need to have is a good writer, good director, and good cast, and they delivers mostly.habi
8.5/10 I got free tickets for a preview and to be honest I was more than a little embarrassed to go. I did not tell a soul. As a cool middle aged gentleman if word got out this could have really affected my street cred.
Anyway, I embraced the journey and I’m glad that I did. Here is my review written as a prententious critic that I aspire to be in my next life:
In Greta Gerwig’s latest directorial venture, “Barbie,” the esteemed filmmaker takes on the monumental task of unraveling the enigma that is Barbie, the iconic doll that has fascinated and polarized society for decades.
With Margot Robbie as the eponymous character and Ryan Gosling as Ken, Gerwig’s live-action rendition delves into the complex world of Barbie, attempting to extract deeper meaning from this cultural phenomenon.
Gerwig masterfully navigates the treacherous waters of branded material, infusing the narrative with a blend of adventure, comedy, fantasy, and romance. The result is a thought-provoking exploration of Barbie’s role as a feminist symbol, challenging societal perceptions of femininity and girlhood.
Can a doll with impossibly perfect features and a smile of perpetual happiness truly embody feminist ideals?
Gerwig compels the audience to contemplate this question, weaving it throughout the fabric of the film.
In reality Margot Robbie dominated the film as expected and has developed into a true cinematic icon. The flm was fun and far above my expectations hence I’m giving it an 8 and boasting I watched Barbie.andypaps001
I was honestly doubting this movie at first, but surprisingly I find myself really liking it quite a lot.
Set in the colorful Barbie Land, stereotypical Barbie lives a perfect life every single day. One day, she shows signs of being…a human. She decides to go to the Real World to find the cure in order to make herself perfect again.
Barbie is a fun movie that has surprisingly plenty of heartwarming moments and good messages to offer. The set designs are eye-catching and on point as well. Both Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling nailed their parts, but it is Gosling who mostly shines.
Something I’m pretty sure of is this movie getting nominated for the Oscars, most likely for Best Production Design, Best Costume Design, and probably Best Song for Billie Eilish. That song is beautiful and it’s stuck in my head right now.jpismyname
I am a man but watched this movie it’s awesome Margot Robbie very beautiful but i like the performance of Ryan Gosling a lot this movie It’s full of imagination and it surprises me a lot.
Especially if anyone is a Barbie fan, let me tell you, this event is very satisfying.
Even I’m not looking fun. And in the movie part, it’s bad comedy and teasing yourself (Warner) quite a bit .. You have to go and see for yourself and you will definitely laugh.
Ryan Gosling’s acting is so good, I’m sure there’s a lot of laughs out there during filming.
This is another very good performance for this man.
What the movie does is like imagination that doesn’t have to care about logic. Let’s just say the story is like we’re playing with dolls and assuming the role of that character…justaman
All Barbie Movies
- Barbie in the Nutcracker (2001): Join Barbie as Clara in a magical retelling of the classic Nutcracker ballet. Embark on an enchanting journey to a world of dancing snowflakes, fairies, and the Sugar Plum Princess.
- Barbie as Rapunzel (2002): In this captivating tale, Barbie portrays Rapunzel, a spirited artist locked away in a tower by an evil witch. Witness her courage as she uses her creativity and determination to find freedom and true love.
- Barbie of Swan Lake (2003): Experience the beauty of Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake as Barbie plays Odette, a young girl who transforms into a graceful swan by night. Follow her adventure to break the spell and save the enchanted forest.
- Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper (2004): Prepare for a delightful adventure as Barbie takes on the roles of Princess Anneliese and the Pauper Erika. Witness their journey of friendship and empowerment as they swap places and discover their true destinies.
- Barbie: Fairytopia (2005): In a magical world, Barbie is Elina, a wingless fairy with a pure heart. Follow her courageous quest to save Fairytopia from darkness and restore the land’s vibrant colors.
- Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus (2005): Join Princess Annika, transformed into a winged horse, on a thrilling journey to break a wicked wizard’s icy curse and save her kingdom with the help of her loyal friends.
- Barbie: Mermaidia (2006): Dive into an underwater adventure with Barbie as Merliah, a half-human, half-mermaid princess. Discover the secrets of Mermaidia and her unique powers in this tale of friendship and bravery.
- The Barbie Diaries (2006): Follow Barbie as a modern-day teenager navigating the challenges of high school, friendships, and self-discovery. This coming-of-age story is filled with humor, heart, and valuable life lessons.
- Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses (2006): Venture into a magical world with Barbie as Princess Genevieve, one of twelve sisters who discovers a secret realm of dancing and enchantment. Witness her courage as she helps save her sisters and their kingdom.
- Barbie Fairytopia: Magic of the Rainbow (2007): Return to Fairytopia as Elina embarks on a quest to save her fairy friends and their vibrant home. Discover the power of believing in oneself and the magic of true friendship.
- Barbie as the Island Princess (2007): Journey with Barbie as Princess Rosella shipwrecked on an island and raised by animal friends. Experience her heartfelt reunion with her royal family and a magical love story.
- Barbie: Mariposa (2008): Meet Mariposa, a butterfly fairy, as she embarks on a daring adventure to save her fairyland from darkness. Discover the beauty of courage and the magic of believing in oneself.
- Barbie & the Diamond Castle (2008): Sing along with Barbie and her friend Teresa as they embark on a musical journey filled with friendship and the power of music. Together, they must protect a magical diamond castle from an evil muse.
- Barbie in a Christmas Carol (2008): Enjoy a heartwarming Christmas tale as Barbie plays Eden Starling, a glamorous diva. Witness her transformation from a selfish character to someone who learns the true spirit of the holiday season.
- Barbie Presents Thumbelina (2009): Join Thumbelina, a tiny girl with big dreams, as she navigates a world of adventure and friendship. Witness her determination to protect her home and her newfound friends.
- Barbie and the Three Musketeers (2009): Prepare for an action-packed journey as Barbie and her friends become musketeers. Together, they must uncover a royal plot and prove that girls can be brave and heroic.
- Barbie in a Mermaid Tale (2010): Dive into an ocean of fun as Barbie stars as Merliah, a champion surfer who discovers her mermaid heritage. Follow her aquatic adventures and thrilling surf competitions.
- Barbie: A Fashion Fairytale (2010): Step into the glamorous world of fashion as Barbie becomes a fashionista in Paris. Witness her creativity and determination to save a fashion house from closing.
- Barbie: A Fairy Secret (2011): Unravel the secrets of the fairy world with Barbie as she discovers she has wings and enters a magical realm. Join her on an exciting journey to rescue her fairy friends.
- Barbie: Princess Charm School (2011): Attend Princess Charm School with Barbie as Blair, an ordinary girl who discovers she’s a long-lost princess. Experience her transformation into a confident princess with the help of her friends.
- Barbie: A Perfect Christmas (2011): Share the joy of the holiday season with Barbie and her sisters as they embark on a winter vacation. Witness their heartwarming adventure and the true meaning of Christmas.
- Barbie in a Mermaid Tale 2 (2012): Return to the ocean with Merliah as she competes in a prestigious surf competition. Join her as she navigates the challenges of both her mermaid and human worlds.
- Barbie: The Princess & the Popstar (2012): Follow the exciting story of Princess Tori and popstar Keira as they trade places and discover the true power of friendship and staying true to oneself.
- Barbie in the Pink Shoes (2013): Dance into a world of ballet with Barbie as Kristyn, a talented ballerina. Witness her magical journey into a dream world of famous ballets.
- Barbie: Mariposa & the Fairy Princess (2013): Rejoin Mariposa in her latest adventure as she becomes the ambassador to a neighboring fairy kingdom. Experience her efforts to bring peace between the butterfly and the crystal fairies.
- Barbie & Her Sisters in a Pony Tale (2013): Saddle up for a horseback adventure with Barbie and her sisters in the Swiss Alps. Witness their love for horses and their bond as sisters.
- Barbie: The Pearl Princess (2014): Meet Lumina, a mermaid who discovers her special power of pearls. Join her on a quest to save her mermaid kingdom from an evil sea monster.
- Barbie and the Secret Door (2014): Step into a magical world with Alexa, a shy princess who discovers a secret door to a mysterious realm. Witness her bravery as she becomes a princess with magical powers.
- Barbie in Princess Power (2015): Witness Barbie’s transformation into Super Sparkle, a superhero with extraordinary powers. Join her in saving the kingdom from an evil villain with the help of her friends.
- Barbie in Rock ‘N Royals (2015): Sing and dance along with Barbie as she stars as Princess Courtney and a rockstar named Erika. Experience their journey of friendship, music, and breaking down barriers.
- Barbie & Her Sisters in the Great Puppy Adventure (2015): Join Barbie and her sisters on a thrilling treasure hunt to save some adorable puppies. Experience their adventurous and heartwarming journey.
- Barbie: Spy Squad (2016): Gear up for a spy mission with Barbie and her friends as they become secret agents. Join them on an action-packed adventure to save the day.
- Barbie: Star Light Adventure (2016): Fly into outer space with Barbie as she becomes a cosmic princess
Barbie Movies On Netflix
Please note that the availability of content on streaming platforms can change over time, so it’s recommended to check Netflix directly for the most current offerings:
- Barbie Princess Adventure (2020) – This animated musical film follows Barbie as she discovers her royal identity while on a trip to Floravia. It’s a delightful adventure filled with friendship, music, and fun.
- Barbie: Dolphin Magic (2017) – In this underwater adventure, Barbie and her sisters work together to save rare dolphins and uncover a magical secret.
- Barbie: Video Game Hero (2017) – Barbie takes on a digital world in this exciting movie where she transforms into a video game character and navigates through various challenges.
- Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures: Go Team Roberts (2020) – This movie is based on the popular series “Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures” and follows Barbie and her sisters as they embark on thrilling sports competitions.
- Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse (2012-2015) – This series follows the everyday adventures of Barbie and her friends in the Dreamhouse, filled with humor, fashion, and lots of fun.
- Barbie: Spy Squad (2016) – Barbie and her friends team up as spies to solve a thrilling mystery and protect a precious gemstone.
- Barbie & Her Sisters in a Puppy Chase (2016) – Barbie and her sisters go on a vacation to an island paradise where they encounter some adorable puppies in need of rescuing.
- Barbie in Princess Power (2015) – In this action-packed film, Barbie gains superpowers and transforms into a superhero to protect her kingdom from a villainous plot.
It’s essential to check Netflix for any new additions or changes to the available Barbie movie titles, as the streaming library can vary depending on your location and the licensing agreements in place. Enjoy watching your favorite Barbie adventures!
I am super excited to watch the Newest Barbie Movie with the kids. Ken is gonna be very good! Let us know your thoughts in the comments.