The way of teaching has changed pretty much with the introduction of online tools and websites such as Kahoot!, Blooket, Gimkit and many more. In this article we’ll take a quick look at the web-based learning platform Play Blooket games and the best way to play and use it.
The COVID 19 virus has made learning via remote access the normal. Teachers have been seeking out innovative methods to keep their learners engaged without becoming bored. Classroom polls, games, quizzes and assessments have a significant role to play in the process.
These activities allow the teacher easily get the attention of students, and allows them to maximize their ability to learn while remaining active. If you’re an instructor who still uses brick and mortar methods of teaching and you aren’t using the modern techniques, I suggest slightly to change your methods.
You can start by using Blooket. Here’s a brief introduction on what it is and how to utilize this program and the ways you can make sure your students can engage in games to discover the things you’ve been trying to teach.
Blooket is the latest version of the game-based learning method that is being utilized by students and teachers. It’s a completely free site that offers a different and engaging method of learning through a broad selection of classroom games that students earn rewards with points for correctly answering.
The fun and educational platform was developed by Tom Stewart and Ben Stewart with the primary goal of making learning and teaching memorable. Booket is currently not offering an app, but only has its website.
Teachers can utilize it to develop “sets” that contain questions that cover any subject They can also utilize “sets” that are created by other teachers. Every set could be used to organize different activities for the students enjoy.
What is the process?
The basic idea behind Blooket is extremely easy and straightforward. Teachers first need to sign up for an account, make or import the set of questions or make use of a set that was created by other teachers who use Play Blooket.
Then, they need select the game they want to play to host, then provide their Game ID with the students in order to enable them to join. Students do not need to sign up for an account. They can sign up directly with an Game ID.
Students will be able to begin playing the game and be asked to answer the questions that are set by their teachers. After the game is completed teachers can review the outcome and observe the performance of their students.
Positives of Blooket
- Blooket makes it easier to carry out the task of teaching for teachers and makes learning fun for students. Here’s a list of benefits that Blooket provides to both.
- The teachers can download and apply similar sets of question for different games. It also allows them to utilize sets designed by other educators.
- Students can play activities at their personal pace and answer any questions. They don’t need be waiting around for a timer to finish or wait for students who are faster or slower than them.
- The games offered on Blooket make students compete against one another. This boosts the enthusiasm of students to be more effective and keep them active.
- The games that are available on this platform are fun that they keep kids at any age engaged.
- Blooket is accessible for free and features an engaging user interface.
Negatives of Blooket
Since every coin comes with the two faces, Blooket does have certain limitations and drawbacks that you should not overlook. Let’s take an overview of the most important one:
- Blooket lets teachers determine if they wish to close the game after a particular date or after a player has reached an amount. Thus, a student who finishes it quickly could be faced with repetitive questions if there’s not enough questions.
- There isn’t an integrated reader available on the site. Therefore, students will need to read every question them.
- Teachers are not able customize the sets of questions formulated by other teachers.
- If you wish to see or download the report with all student information you must create a paid account yourself. The free version is limited to an overview of the percent of questions completed correctly or incorrectly for the class , and every student.
- Certain Blooket games can be quite complicated and might not like the games as much as other players.
How Play Blooket can help Teacher’s?
There’s nothing complicated about Blooket for educators and teachers. If you’re an educator, here’s an easy, brief overview of Blooket’s platform.
- In the beginning, you need to register an account on the platform with the email you use or your Google account. Signing up is simple and cost-free. Once you have signed up, login on to the account you have created.
- After logging in, you will be presented with the dashboard page from which you can make an entire set of questions or select from the options available within the set of questions available. On the left on the page, you’ll look at your News, Shortcuts, and other tabs for navigating the platform.
- You can use Favorites to search for and save games, in addition to other question sets that you’d like to add. You can also use the Homework tab which allows users to check or add homework that your students have been assigned.
- You can also get answers to your questions on your Discover Sets tab. After selecting the set of questions it is time to choose one of the games from the available choices. The next step is to host the game.
- Then, you’ll receive an Game ID that you’ll have to give your students. Students will be able to join the game and play by using that Game ID. After the students have played you can review the results and evaluate how your pupils performed.
How students can play Blooket Games?
Blooket is extremely easy to use by students from anywhere. Students can play games without having an account. However, having an account will always be the preferred alternative.
To participate in a game organized by the teacher, players must enter the Game ID to play or for homework. They may also enter their username and icons.
Students can also make use of Solot to play games online with their preferred methods from a range of topics. It helps them learn lots of fascinating things, without becoming bored.
What’s a Blook?
Blook is a small and friendly block game that is a joy to play. It’s a representation of players and there are many accessible alike games on Blooket.
Games are available on Blooket
There’s an impressive collection of exciting and engaging games available on Blooket. Here’s a brief review of the top games.
It’s a well-known trivia game that is like Kahoot. Students must quickly respond to questions in order to earn points and climb up the leaderboard. Students are all presented with identical questions simultaneously playing this challenge.
- Gold Quest
Students will be able to view each question from the game on their devices to complete in a timed, self-paced way. If they are able to are able to answer the questions correctly they will get the option of choosing three boxes to unlock.
Certain players have gold, while some are not and some permit them to buy their gold away from others. The player who has the most silver at the conclusion, wins the game.
- Battle Royale
The game is played with students who answer questions face to face You can also make it play in team vs . team mode. The person who has the correct answer wins the game and is able to advance further.
In this game, the students must answer the questions correctly quickly and with focus in order to serve their food and replenish items in the cafe that they run. The student with the highest amount of cash at final stage wins.
In this race, students must be able to swiftly and accurately answer questions in order to Blook ahead of their competitors to win the race.
- Tower of Doom
Students must answer questions in order to gather cards in order to beat the Blooks and get to into the Tower of Doom. It’s perfect as a homework assignment or assignment.
It’s similar to Cafe where students are required to be able to answer correctly and utilize their method for unlocking and upgrading their Blooks and manage their factory to great success.
- Crazy Kingdom
It’s a game of strategy in which students must be able to answer the questions in a timely manner to run their own kingdom by handling guest requests and managing their resources.
Which one is better Blooket or Kahoot?
Blooket is somewhat newer than Kahoot! is the most trusted name in the gaming-based education market. Teachers can utilize one or the other to keep students engaged in their studies while having enjoyable.
But, Blooket has all the features to be superior to Kahoot when it plays its cards correctly. Kahoot offers a variety of educational activities that students and teachers can engage in learning. However, Blooket offers a wide selection of games so that kids are never bored.