If you’ve just got your new Scotiabank debit card or credit card, then you must activate it before starting to use it. The fortunate thing is you can complete the process online while staying at home. In this guide, we’ll explain how to activate your Scotiabank debit card/ credit card online.
Founded in 1832 in Halifax, Scotiabank is one of the top-tier banks in Canada. Its headquarters later relocated to Toronto in 1900 and are present there to date. Scotiabank bills itself as “Canada’s most international bank” due to its acquisitions all across the globe.
Therefore, a Scotiabank debit card or credit card is brilliant if you’re a frequent traveler or make purchases in stores from other countries. However, you must activate the card beforehand and log in to your online banking account.
How to Activate Scotiabank Debit Card Online?
If you’re trying to activate your new Scotiabank debit card, the process is really straightforward and can be completed online. Make sure you have access to a PC with a web browser like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc installed and have a stable internet connection.
Also, keep your Scotiabank debit card and legal documents with you for the process. Once you are ready, follow these steps:
- Launch the web browser and visit this website to activate the Scotiabank debit card.
- Now enter your 16-digit Scotiabank debit card number in the given field.
- Next, enter continue and wait for a verification form to load.
- Enter the details in the given columns and click on “Next.”
- Keep following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, you’ll receive a confirmation stating that your ScotiaCard is activated.
That’s it. This is how you can activate your Scotiabank debit card online without any hassle.
Activate Scotiabank Debit Card over the Phone
There’s one more way to activate the Scotiabank debit card while staying in the comfort of your home. You can call Scotiabank’s customer service team at 1-800-472-6842 toll-free on a business day between 8 AM ET to 10 PM ET.
Once the call is connected, you can ass the customer service representative to activate your Scotiabank debit card for you. He’ll ask certain personal questions to verify your identity. When the identification is successful, you can share the card details for activation
Within minutes, your Scotiabank debit card will be activated and ready to use. The agent will also guide you through several safety precautions to keep your card secure and prevent fraudulent transactions.
Features & Benefits of Scotiabank Debit Card
Scotiabank is one of the best banks offering debit cards in Canada. It has more than 25 million accessing its services. Take a look at the key features and benefits linked to your Scotiabank debit card:
- The debit card offers great offers and rewards for shopping offline and online.
- This card automatically saves money for your purchases by rounding the total to the nearest $1 or $5 and putting the excess money into your savings account.
- It offers contactless payments with Interac Flash† capabilities for quick and hassle-free transactions.
- The card allows zero liability as it covers all your online and offline purchases and protects against any unauthorized debits.
- The customer support team is very helpful and guides well.
These are the reasons why more and more customers are applying for ScotiaCards.
How to Activate Scotiabank Credit Card Online?
Just like you have activated the debit card, you can also activate your Scotiabank credit card or ScotiaLine (credit line) online. The process is really simple and has the same prerequisites. Follow these steps:
- Open the web browser and visit this website to activate your Scotiabank credit card.
- Now enter your 15-digit AmEx (American Express) or 16-digit VISA credit card or ScotiaLine number.
- Next, click on “Continue” and wait for further instructions.
- Keep following the on-screen instructions until the card is activated.
- Once it is activated, you’ll receive a confirmation on the screen.
Note: To activate your Scotiabank MasterCard credit card, you’ll have to call on this number- 1-866-583-6289. You can’t activate it online and must connect with an official agent for the activation process.
How to Activate & Log in to Scotiabank Online Banking?
The next logical step for you is to activate Scotiabank online banking and log in to your account to unlock further services. Follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and visit this website to activate Scotiabank online banking.
- Now you’ll have to set up your online banking account. You’ll need the following for that- Scotiabank debit card/ credit card number, your postal code, your home phone number, your email address, date of birth, and your mother’s maiden name.
- Click on the “Activate Now” button and start entering the required information.
- Next, create a username and password for your Scotiabank online banking account.
- Next, you’ll have to agree to the “Digital Access Agreement.”
- Finally, you’ll receive a confirmation and you can log in to access your Scotiabank online banking account.
That’s it. There are a lot of things you learn from this blog.
That’s all for this guide about Scotiabank debit card, credit card, credit line, and online banking activation. We hope you understand the basics now. If you need more help, you can ask your questions using the comment box. Our team will be glad to help you further.