Inequality growing in India is a big deal that needs to be addressed. Here are 10 facts about inequality in India that will impress your friends.
1. India is one of the most unequal countries in the world. According to the World Bank, India has the second highest level of income inequality in the world, behind only Russia.
The reality is that the Indian economy is highly unequal, with a small number of wealthy individuals and families controlling a large portion of the country’s wealth. This inequality is further exacerbated by the fact that the majority of India’s population lives in rural areas, where access to education, healthcare, and other basic services is limited. This means that the vast majority of India’s population is unable to access the same opportunities as those in the urban areas, leading to a widening gap between the rich and the poor.
The inequality in India is further compounded by the fact that the country’s government has failed to implement policies that would help to reduce the gap between the rich and the poor. For example, the government has done little to address the issue of land reform, which would help to redistribute land and resources more equitably. Additionally, the government has failed to invest in infrastructure and public services, which would help to create more jobs and improve the quality of life for the poor.
Ultimately, India’s high level of income inequality is a result of a combination of factors, including the country’s unequal distribution of wealth, lack of access to basic services, and lack of government investment in infrastructure and public services. It is clear that the government must take action to address these issues in order to reduce the gap between the rich and the poor.
Division Of Wealth In Inequality Growing In India
2. The richest 1% of Indians own 58% of the country’s wealth. This means that the remaining 99% of the population has to share the remaining 42% of the wealth.
U.S. citizens can relate to their income being restrained. The unfortunate truth is that the poor are cut off from a lot of the abundance of wealth and have to make do with their income or work more hours to compensate.
3. The gap between the rich and the poor is widening. The richest 10% of Indians now own 77% of the country’s wealth, while the poorest 10% own just 1%.
Hopefully this changes.
Poverty Levels In India
4. India has the highest number of people living in extreme poverty in the world. According to the World Bank, over 200 million people in India are living in extreme poverty.
The current system of poverty in India is a direct result of the colonial rule of the British Empire. The British Empire imposed a system of taxation and land ownership that favored the wealthy and powerful while leaving the majority of the population in a state of poverty. This system has been perpetuated by a lack of access to education, resources, and opportunities. This has resulted in a large population of people who are unable to break out of their cycle of poverty.
Gender Gap In India Work Pay
5. The gender gap in India is also widening. Women in India earn on average 34% less than men.
I personally want to see more women pay equality. This is a very sad situation for the men and women citizens. Here in the States woman and men are complaining about the equality standards set in society but compared to India it’s not as big of a topic.
Education & Child Labor
6. The education system in India is highly unequal. Only around 25% of children in India are enrolled in private schools, while the remaining 75% are enrolled in government schools.
7. India also has the highest number of child laborers in the world. According to UNICEF, over 10 million children in India are working in hazardous conditions.
Let’s Deep Dive Into a possible solution.
How To Reduce Inequality Among Countries
Inequality among countries can be reduced by focusing on the development of the poorer countries. This can be done by investing in infrastructure, education, and other social services. This will help to create more opportunities for people in these countries to improve their lives and have access to better resources. Additionally, countries should work together to reduce tariffs and other trade barriers, which can help to increase trade between countries and create more equitable economic opportunities. Finally, countries should work together to reduce corruption and promote good governance, which can help to ensure that resources are distributed more fairly.
Here are some more articles on the topic of India.
Net Worth of US $91.6 Billion.
Italian actor and comedian Bruno Arena a.k.a Prickly Pear passed away recently as announced by his son Gianluca on Instagram. Read on to know how did Bruno Arena die, what happened to him, and what was the cause of his death.
For more information view the India search query here.