BAREILLY COLLEGE BAREILLY
FACULTY OF LIBRARY SCIENCE
The job of Librarian has undergone a significant change in its outlook, functions, methods, techniques and ranges of services. So the need of trained library professionals in order to manage the libraries in a better way and professional style has been felt all over the country and in this region also. Service of trained Librarians are required in all types of Libraries. National records, publications of vital and permanent importance and documents are systematically maintained in different Govt. departments and libraries. Keeping record and maintaining it in most efficient way and make if available to all those who need it is the basic function of a Librarian.
The College has vast and rich Library with more than one lac books and subscribing a large number of periodicals and Journals. Thus, the college has the essential base for practical work of the trainees. It is with the background that Bareilly College, Bareilly has started one year degree course in the name "Bachelor of Library and information Science" from 2002-2003.
The objectives of the Bachelor of Library & Information Science Degree Course are
- To give the real basic fundamental for the application of Library and information system and activities.
- To initiate strong understanding of Library and Information Science.
- To train the students in the techniques of the Librarian and Management of Libraries.
- To create an extensive development of Modern Library Science.
- To make Library and Information Science as an effective tool of learning.
- To teach the new practices/techniques of Library and Information Science.
- To acquaint them generally with the social, cultural, educational and communicational frame work of the Library.
(1.1) The minimum qualifications for admission to this course is the possession of either.
1. Basic Bachelor's Degree in second division with a minimum of 45% marks. in aggregate; or (2) a post Graduate Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate of this university or any other indian university established by act of legislature and recognized by the Academic Council of the University.
(1.2) Graduate with 45% deputed candidates who are sponsored by government or university or approved college or public library authority as candidates with pay and deputation allowance under rules and are already working in the library.
(1.3) Graduate working librarians, with a minimum of five years experience in any of the libraries referred in Para 1.2 above.
(1.4) Graduate working as librarians, holding a certificate in library science and having minimum of three years of experience in any of the libraries referred in Para 1.2.
(1.5) A postgraduate candidate in science shall be preferred.
(2.1) Admission of the candidate in B.Lib. and information Science Course under the category 1.1 shall be made strictly on merit only. (2.2) In no case the admission governed by Para 1.2 to 1.4 shall exceed 10% of the total number of the seats.
(2.3) The eligibility of the candidates under the categories mentioned in Paras 1.2 to 1.4 shall be determined on the basis of the admission test and/or on merit.
- Mrs SHAKUNTALA SINGH
- Mr YOGESH SHARMA