`Principal Message - Bareilly College
Bareilly College, Bareilly is a premier institute of M. J. P. Rohilkhand University located in Bareilly in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It was established in the British period in the year 1837. Bareilly College has now operated for over One hundred eighty three years of useful services to the cause of the education not only in Rohikhand region but to entire north India. We deliver education in almost all the subjects at undergraduate and postgraduate level. We have a wealth of about 25000 students on rolls. One of the significant achievements of this institution, among many, is being granted a grade ‘A’ by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) for the Undergraduate, Post-graduate and doctoral programs of the college.
This magnanimous achievement is the result of cumulative factors comprising the infrastructure, teaching pedagogy, administrative discipline, pertinacious spirit of the faculty members for the cause of education and the indefatigable efforts of its staff members. The mission of our institution is to establish traditions which will foster creativity and growth of excellence.
The institute has the following broad objectives:
- To generate new knowledge to promote academic growth by offering state-of-the- art undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes and by engaging a cutting-edge research work.
- To identify, based on an informed perception of Indian, regional and global needs, areas of specialization upon which the institute can concentrate.
- To develop human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectually capable and imaginatively gifted leaders can emerge in a range of professions.
- To provide research and development consultancy which will promote contact with and be of service to society and to government and Civic organizations.
- Our Values include academic integrity and accountability; respect and tolerance for the views of every individual; attention to issues of national relevance as well as of global concern.; breadth of understanding, including knowledge of the human science; appreciation of intellectual excellence and creativity.
With this mission and value policy we thus look forward to contribute to India and in particular to north India through excellence in education and research and to serve as a valuable resource for society; and remain a source of pride for all Indians.